PURPOSE OF ROLE
You are a "full-stack" data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision-making to make the best products for Gridlogic. Your input will be core to decision-making across all major product strategies and initiatives that our team builds.
• 5+ years of industry experience in a gaming or consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
• Bachelor's degree, or higher, in computer science, engineering , math, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related field or equivalent data analytics experience.
• Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
• Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
• At least 1 year of experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a fast-paced product development cycle, understanding advanced analysis techniques such as diff-in-diff, two-stage least square, or CUPED. You can explain them clearly to product partners unfamiliar with statistics.
• High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
• Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical methods such as structural equation modeling, GLM, time series forecasting, bayesian inference, etc. When to use them, and when not to.
• Experience building data products
• Passion about online gaming.
• Inform product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
• Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to stakeholders
• Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
• Design A/B experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
• Drive the team's analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
• Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects, resolve ambiguity and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
• Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product
• Act as our team's thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
• Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
• Work hand-in-hand with business, product, engineering, and design to proactively influence and inform teammates' decisions throughout the product life cycle
• Distill ambiguous product or business questions, find clever ways to answer them, and to quantify the uncertainty